Get ready for a fun experience as you discover one of the largest urban forests in the world on board a 4X4 vehicle!
You will be picked up directly from your hotel in a 4X4 Jeep. To make the experience more comfortable, a Lomo 360 will be provided and installed onto your wheelchair. Travellers in a wheelchair will receive assistance to get inside the vehicle thanks to an access ramp. The wheelchair will then be securely attached. Once everybody is ready, you will start making your way to Tijuca Forest, about 30 minutes away by car.
This urban tropical rainforest covers 32 km² and is home to hundreds of fauna and flora species. Many of them are threatened by extinction.
As you start hiking into the forest, you might get lucky and get a chance to observe some toucans, hummingbirds, monkeys, and more!
You will then follow a small trail to reach Gabriela waterfall, where you will be able to enjoy the pure waters thanks to the provided amphibious wheelchair.
You guide not only be able to assist you whenever needed, but will also tell you more about the surrounding nature and stories of the forest.
After you have enjoyed the water and the special atmosphere, you will make your way back to the 4X4 Jeep, to be driven back to the hotel.
– Travel insurance (is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip thinking in your personal needs)
– Snacks & beverages
– Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– The same price applies to all travelers. For this reason, when booking on our website, it is important to select the total number of people traveling, whether with or without a disability.
– Accessible paths will be used and assistance will be provided whenever required.
– This activity has a low difficulty rating. It is suitable for any participant, with no specific physical condition required.
– Accessible bathrooms are available on the way to the forest, and back. Please ask your guide if needed.
– Because of the steep access ramp to get into the vehicle, this tour is not recommended for power wheelchair users.