Enjoy a day-trip from San Francisco to the seaside towns of Monterey and Carmel-by-the-sea!
You will be picked up from your hotel between 8:00 and 09:00, in an accessible van.
The sightseeing begins even before you arrive in Monterey, as you get there via a scenic route. Between the mountains and the Pacific Ocean, the Highway 1, or Pacific Coast Highway offers breathtaking views, and occasional sighting of sea otters and surfers. About 2 and a half hours later, you will arrive at your destination.
Stop for a bite to eat before arriving at Monterey’s Cannery Row. This walking district, full of restaurants, cafes and boutiques, was once the center of the local fishing industry. Enjoying the next few hours as you wish to do so, by taking in the atmosphere, make the most of the beach, or visit the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium. Entrance tickets can be organised for you for an additional fee.
Later on, make your way to Carmel-by-the-sea on the famous 17-mile drive ! This scenic road will take you through the towns of Pebble Beach and Pacific Grove on the Monterey Peninsula, following the Pacific coastline and passing by attractions and famous golf courses, including the Lone Cypress and Bird Rock.
While in Carmel-by-the-sea, famous for its natural scenery and rich artistic history, wander the streets and many art galleries. Stop at the Carmel Plaza, known for attracting artists like Jack London, Upton Sinclair, Mary Austin, and Ansel Adams.
You will then make your way back to San Francisco, via the Silicon Valley, the world high-tech capital. You will then be transferred back to your hotel.
– Travel insurance (is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip thinking in your personal needs)
– Adaptive equipment
– Snacks & Beverages
– Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– The same price applies to all travelers. For this reason, when booking on our website, it is important to select the total number of people traveling, whether with or without a disability.
– Accessible paths will be used and assistance will be provided whenever required.
– Tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium can be organised for you for an extra cost.
– It is recommended to bring a packed lunch and soft drinks with you. Alternatively, you can buy food onsite but you might be in a hurry as a 1-hour lunch break is planned.
– This activity has a low difficulty rating. It is suitable for any participant, with no specific physical condition required.
Option 1: Your Hotel or preffered destination in San Francisco.
Option 2: Union Square