Get ready for a day of fun!
Depending on the sea tides timing, you will be picked up from your hotel to make you way to Zubarah. After transferring safely into the 4WD SUV, a special seatbelt will be provided to you to help with the balance during the drive. After about an hour drive, you will arrive to Zubarah. Named as part of the UNESCO World Heritage list in 2013, Al Zubarah was once a thriving trading port and renowned pearl fishing spot. It is now Qatar’s largest heritage site thanks to its impressive city wall, archaeological remains of the town that dates back to the 1760s, and Al Zubarah fort, that was built in 1938 and that still overlooks the area nowadays. Ramps and assistance will be provided as you stroll around.
After your visit, you will continue your journey towards Al Thakhira Mangroves reserves. There, you will be able to get change in a tent, to get ready for your next adventure. You will be provided with an all-terrain beach wheelchair so that you can make you way to the kayaks through the sand. After a safety session, you will be assisted to get into the kayak and in the water. The 90-minute kayaking experience will give you the opportunity to get to know the mangroves, home to a unique fauna that includes fish, crabs, migratory birds etc.
Later on, you will get back on land and will be transferred back to your hotel.
Special Safety belt
Kayak adaptations: high lower back seat + stabilizer outriggers
Travel insurance (is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip thinking in your personal needs)
Accessible transportation between sights
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– The same price applies to all travelers. For this reason, when booking on our website, it is important to select the total number of people traveling, whether with or without a disability.
– Please note the tour departure time varies depending on the tides, as the kayak adventure takes place in the sea. The departure time will be confirmed to you after booking, once a date is chosen.
– This activity has a medium difficulty rating. Accompanying participants must be moderately fit, in good physical condition.
– Travellers must be willing to transfer to the vehicle seats and in the kayaks, or be helped to do so, to take part in this tour.
– This tour is not recommended for power wheelchair users as the wheelchairs cannot fit in the vehicles used. Manual wheelchairs and assistance can be provided if needed.
– No accessible bathroom is available during this tour.
– Being an Islamic country, women are requested to wear clothes that cover their shoulders, upper arms and knees to respect the country’s local culture and tradition. Please note that the dress code is more relaxed in hotels and private clubs.
Option 1: Your Hotel at Downtown Doha
Option 2: Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Doha