Want to discover some of Doha’s main attractions, while learning more about its architecture? This tour is perfect for you! Doha, being such a new city, boasts a unique architecture, that is as modern as impressive to see.
You will be picked up from your hotel around 9:00, in an accessible van, to start your architectural adventure.
Start your day with a visit to the Grand Mosque. Also called Abd al-Wahhab Mosque, it is the largest mosque in Qatar. Opened in 2011, it has been built in traditional Arab style with modern architecture features and has a capacity of 30 000 people. With its 3 main doors, 18 side entrances, and 90 domes, the building is one of Doha’s landmarks. The interior is only accessible to Muslims, but even seeing the exterior is well worth a look.
After this visit, move on to Education City district. This Qatar Foundation flagship initiative is home to branch campuses from world leading universities, one of the largest libraries in Qatar, start-up incubators, heritage sites, technology parks, cultural institutions etc. It is a unique place that has been leading regional innovation and entrepreneurship and worked on social development while preparing for the future biggest challenges. In 2015, its mosque has won the World Architecture Festival award in the religion category.
The final stop of this tour will take you to the Arab Museum of Modern Art. Opened in 2011, it boasts a collection of over 9000 artworks from the Arab World. The permanent collection, combined with the temporary exhibitions and educational activities offered make it a great experience for visitors of all ages.
After your visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Travel insurance (is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip thinking in your personal needs)
Snacks & Beverages
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– The same price applies to all travelers. For this reason, when booking on our website, it is important to select the total number of people traveling, whether with or without a disability.
– Accessible paths will be used and assistance will be provided whenever required.
– This activity has a low difficulty rating. It is suitable for any participant, with no specific physical condition required.
– Accessible bathrooms are available at every stop of the tour.
– A power wheelchair can be provided if needed. Please get in touch for more information.
– Being an Islamic country, women are requested to wear clothes that cover their shoulders, upper arms and knees to respect the country’s local culture and tradition. Please note that the dress code is more relaxed in hotels and private clubs.
– A visit inside the Grand Mosque can be organised for Muslim travellers. Please get in touch so that we can arrange it for you.
Option 1: Your Hotel at Downtown Doha.
Option 2: Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Doha.