Get ready to discover Doha highlights in one day!
You will be picked up from your hotel around 8:30, in an accessible van, to start your cultural adventure.
Start your day with a visit to the Qatar National Museum. Opened in March 2019, it’s been named as 1 of the world’s greatest places to visit by the Time Magazine. It focuses on the story of Qatar and its people, from the past to the present day and its future.
After your visit, move on to another important museum of the city: the Museum of Islamic Art. Holding one of the world’s most complete collections of Islamic artifacts, its unique building features an outdoor terrace on the top floor, accessible with a lift, offering one of the best views over Doha skyline.
Next stop will be Katara cultural village, where you can have lunch and relax a bit. Real cultural center, it boasts an opera house, an open amphitheatre, a maritime heritage museum and many more multicultural facilities. Its Blue Mosque can also be visited by travellers.
After lunch, make your way to The Pearl, one of the largest real-estate developments in the Middle East. This artificial island features luxury apartments, villas, penthouses, townhouses and multiple entertainment facilities. It also boasts a marina and beautiful sandy beaches. It is home to more than 350 shops, including international fashion brands, world-class restaurants and coffee shops, making it a popular spot in the city.
Later on, you will be transferred back to your hotel so that you can rest a bit, before you are picked up to discover Souq Waqif. This marketplace dates back from at least a hundred years, but has been renovated in 2006. The ground is mostly paved, and some parts feature steps but alternative ways with ramps are available. Yet, the traditional Qatari architecture has been preserved, and it is known to be the place to go to get an authentic feel for Qatari culture. Many traditional goods and souvenirs can be purchased from the souq, from fabric, dresses and perfumes, to spices, sweets and art goods. Many restaurants, with multiple types of food, make it a great choice to have dinner, whether for locals or visitors. If in doubt, we are happy to provide recommendations!
After dinner, you will be driven back to your hotel around 21:00, or later on if you so wish.
Travel insurance (is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip thinking in your personal needs)
Snacks & Beverages
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– The same price applies to all travelers. For this reason, when booking on our website, it is important to select the total number of people traveling, whether with or without a disability.
– Accessible paths will be used and assistance will be provided whenever required.
– This activity has a medium difficulty rating due to its duration. No physical activity is required.
– Accessible bathrooms are available at every stop of the tour.
– A power wheelchair can be provided if needed. Please get in touch for more information.
– Being an Islamic country, women are requested to wear clothes that cover their shoulders, upper arms and knees to respect the country’s local culture and tradition. Please note that the dress code is more relaxed in hotels and private clubs.
Option 1: Your Hotel at Downtown Doha
Option 2: Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Doha