Get ready for an unforgettable experience near Isla Contoy, in the Yucatan peninsula. Get onto this tour to observe the impressive whale sharks, and conditions permitting, enjoy a snorkelling session next to them!
Your guide will pick you up in an accessible van, directly from your hotel in Cancun, around 07:45. After a 30-minute journey, you will arrive at the V&V Marina, formerly called La Amada. Travellers in a wheelchair will be assisted to get from the parking lot to the pier. Breakfast will then be served as you get a short introduction to the whale sharks. If you decide to wear a wetsuit, now will be the time to get changed. You will then get on board the boat. Members of staff will help you getting changed and carrying your wheelchair onto the boat if needed. After about a half hour sail towards the deep water, you will start your search for whale sharks. Once the whales are located, enjoy a unique opportunity to snorkel alongside them, about 5 minutes at a time. 2 members of staff will help out travellers with a disability to get into and out of the water. 1 guide will then be assisting with the snorkelling session at all times.
Later on, you will head to the coast of Isla Mujeres, where guacamole and ceviche will be served for lunch.
Around 13:30, you will make you way back to the marina, to then get transferred back to your hotel.
– Travel insurance (is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip thinking in your personal needs)
– Breakfast and dinner
– The same price applies to all travelers. For this reason, when booking on our website, it is important to select the total number of people traveling, whether with or without a disability.
– Accessible paths will be used and assistance will be provided whenever required.
– Accessible bathrooms are available in the marina, but not on the boat.
– This tour is available between 15 May and 17 September.
– Pick-up and drop-off are also possible from Tulum and Playa del Carmen, instead of Cancun. In this case, the price might differ accordingly. Please let us know if you would like this to be organised for you.
– This activity has a high difficulty rating. It can be physically demanding. Accompanying participants must be very fit, in great physical condition.
Option 1: Hotel in Cancun
Option 2: We will organize the transportation for you from your hotel and back.