Get ready for a wild underground adventure!
You will be picked up in an accessible van, directly from your hotel in Cancun, around 10:00, to make your way to Rio Secreto.
There, you will watch a short introduction video, presenting you the caves and the safety measures. After a 10-minute ride through the jungle, on board an accessible van, you will get to the dry cave entrance. You will then start your journey along the underground river, discovering an unsuspected underwater network of rivers and caves. Stalactites and stalagmites will make you feel like in a glass museum. Your guide will tell you more about the geological history of the Earth, as you stroll around the breathtaking rock formations and discover several chambers. You will also enjoy the story of a legend being told to you, thanks to an audio guide, for a truly memorable experience. The trail is wide and smooth, and the cave is well lit, but travellers in a wheelchair will need some help as the route is rather steep. Once back out, you will use the changing rooms to get into your wetsuit and transfer to a Joelette trekking wheelchair before the wet cave tour starts. Assistance will be provided, and you own wheelchair will be safely kept in the lockers. You will then make your way to the wet cave entrance during a short hike. When in the water, you will be moving around narrow caves at times, but also be able to swim at certain spots alors the way. The tour provides a truly unique, epic atmosphere as you explore the cave in darkness, only lit up by your headlight. As the water is cold, travellers will spend no more than an hour in the wet cave.
After the tour, you will go back to the changing rooms, to put on dry clothes, and make you way back to the information centre. There, you will enjoy a light buffet lunch made of local products, in an accessible restaurant.
Later on, it will be time for you to get transferred back to your hotel.
Travel insurance (is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip thinking in your personal needs)
Breakfast and dinner
– The same price applies to all travelers. For this reason, when booking on our website, it is important to select the total number of people traveling, whether with or without a disability.
– Accessible paths will be used and assistance will be provided whenever required.
– Accessible bathrooms are available during the tour.
– This activity has a high difficulty rating. It can be physically demanding. Accompanying participants must be very fit, in great physical condition.
– Pick-up and drop-off are also possible from Tulum and Playa del Carmen, instead of Cancun. In this case, the price might differ accordingly. Please let us know if you would like this to be organised for you.
– Please note that for safety reason, the caves will be closed if the water level gets too high.
Option 1: Hotel in Cancun
Option 2: We will organize the transportation for you from your hotel and back.