Enjoy a kayaking experience and a visit to the seaside towns of Monterey and Carmel-by-the-sea today!
You will be picked up from your hotel in San Francisco between 8:00 and 09:00, in an accessible van.
The sightseeing begins even before you arrive in Elkhorn Slough where you will be kayaking, as you get there via a scenic route. Between the mountains and the Pacific Ocean, the Highway 1, or Pacific Coast Highway offers breathtaking views, and occasional sighting of sea otters and surfers. About 2 and a half hours later, you will arrive at your destination.
Discover the amazing wildlife as you paddle with sea otters, seals, sea lions and many shorebirds! Assistance and adaptive equipment will be provided at all times by the trained guides, to help you make the most of this memorable experience.
Once back on land, you will get back into the accessible van to make your way to a local seafood restaurant for lunch. There, you will be able to enjoy classics such as clam chowder, fish burger or try the area well-known artichokes.
After lunch, you have get to discover a bit more of Monterey thanks to a short guided tour and make your way to Carmel-by-the-sea on the famous 17-mile drive ! This scenic road will take you through the towns of Pebble Beach and Pacific Grove on the Monterey Peninsula, following the Pacific coastline and passing by attractions and famous golf courses, including the Lone Cypress and Bird Rock.
While in Carmel-by-the-sea, famous for its natural scenery and rich artistic history, wander the streets and many art galleries. Stop at the Carmel Plaza, known for attracting artists like Jack London, Upton Sinclair, Mary Austin, and Ansel Adams.
You will then make your way back to San Francisco, via the Silicon Valley, the world high-tech capital. You will then be transferred back to your hotel.
Wrist paddle adaptation
– Travel insurance (is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip thinking in your personal needs)
– Snacks & Beverages
– Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– The same price applies to all travelers. For this reason, when booking on our website, it is important to select the total number of people traveling, whether with or without a disability.
– Accessible paths will be used and assistance will be provided whenever required.
– This activity has a medium difficulty rating. Accompanying participants must be moderately fit, in good physical condition.
– Waterproof gear will be provided for the kayaking experience. However, be ready to get wet! An extra set of clothes is recommended.
Option 1: Your Hotel or preffered destination in San Francisco.
Option 2: Union Square