Get ready for an exciting accessible tour that combines nature and culture as you discover 2 of California’s landmarks in one day!
Your guide will pick you up in an accessible van, directly from your hotel, to start your drive to the iconic California Redwoods at Muir Woods National Park. As you leave San Francisco, you will stop at a viewpoint to admire the Golden Gate Bridge and the city skyline. About 40 minutes later, you will get to Muir Woods, where you will enjoy a self-guided tour. Discover its impressive diversity of flora and fauna, that either lives at a low level, on the forest floor, or above your head, on the canopy. You will not only get to see the majestic redwoods, but also Steller’s jays, ladybugs, ancient horsetail ferns, and banana slugs.
You will explore the park via the main accessible path. If you are a manual wheelchair users, you might need a little help in some specific areas. Assistance will be provided whenever required.
After the park visit, you will go back to the accessible van to make you way to Sonoma. There, you will be able to try some of the area’s best wines and have a quick lunch in the historic Sonoma Town Square.
In the afternoon, enjoy 2 one-hour long visits and wine-tasting experiences in 2 well-known accessible wineries.
You will then make you way back to your hotel in San Francisco, via the picturesque seaside town of Sausalito, and passing across the Golden Gate Bridge once again.
Braille Brochure and Trail Map
– Travel insurance (is mandatory you purchase appropriate insurance for this trip thinking in your personal needs)
– Adaptive equipment
– Snacks & Beverages
– Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
– The same price applies to all travelers. For this reason, when booking on our website, it is important to select the total number of people traveling, whether with or without a disability.
– To quote for 2 and more travelers, this tour has different seasonal prices, so please reach out customer service by filling out an enquiry form detailing the group number of travelers.
– Accessible paths will be used and assistance will be provided whenever required.
– The journey will take you on windy roads. Please keep that in mind if you are likely to be car-sick.
– Please note that there is no phone signal in the woods.
– Part of the accessible trail is currently closed for restoration. Every effort has been made to reduce the impact on visitors.
– As it can get quite cool in the woods, bringing a jacket and several layers of clothing might make the experience more comfortable.
– Participants must be aged 21+ to take part in the wine tasting activities.
– Accessible bathrooms are available at Muir Woods entrance and gift shops, and at each winery.
– This activity has a medium difficulty rating due to its duration. No specific physical condition is required.
Option 1: Union Square, San Francisco
Option 2: We will organize the transportation for you from your hotel and back.